International Engineering Educator Certification Program (IEECP)
Consists of three phases to be completed in a minimum of eight months.
1 ECTS = 25 student hours (according to EHEA)
- C0 – IT for Course Management Fundamentals
- C1 – The Need to Innovate Engineering Education
- C2 – Outcomes Based Curriculum Fundamentals
- C3 – Teaching and Learning Methods for Active Learning and Competency Development
- C4 – Fundamentals of Outcomes Assessment
- C5 – Leveraging Technology in Higher Education
- C6 – Faculty Communication Competencies
- C9 – Tutoring and Teaching Clinic
- C7A – Innovation Project (implementation)
- C8 – Integrating Ethics Across the Curriculum
Elective Modules (to select 3 from this list)
- E1 – Getting Ready for the ABET Accreditation
- E2 – Getting Ready for the EQANIE (IT) Accreditation in Europe
- E3 – Design Thinking
- E4 – Fundamentals of Faculty Evaluation
- E5 – Developing and Sustaining Industry-University Relationships
- E6 – Flipped Learning
- E7- Learning with Case Studies
- E8 – Teaching with Teams
- E9 – Jigsaw Puzzle Learning: an effective cooperative learning strategy
- E10- Capstone Design Course with Project Management
- E11- Integrating Industry 4.0 into the Curriculum
- E12 – Integrating Innovation & Entrepreneurship into the Curriculum
- E13- Integrating Leadership into the Engineering Curriculum
- E14 – Establishing a Global Challenges Scholars Program at your Institution
- E15 – Teaching Critical Thinking
- E16 – Teaching Oral & Written Communication
- E17 – Change Management in Higher Education
- E18 – Developing & Using Videos for Learning
- E19 – Integrating Data Science into the STEM Curriculum
- E20 – Cybersecurity Awareness in Higher Education
- E21 – Instructional Design Basics
- C7B – Innovation Project (peer-reviewed paper)
- The program will be open to engineering professors and related disciplines.
- The maximum number of participants is 50.
- Phase 1 will be held at any venue, organization or conference, prior to agreement with the hosts. This phase will continue virtually using collaborative tools and active teaching-learning methodologies during the period of Phase 2.
- Phases 2 and 3 will be carried out virtually using collaborative tools and active teaching-learning methodologies. Tutoring/instruction/Q&A sessions will be scheduled during phases 2 and 3 of the program to ensure effective peer collaboration and instructors. All participants must actively participate in these activities as part of the commitment required for the approval of the program.
- For the development of phases 2 and 3 The organizers will configure a VETL (virtual environment for teaching and learning) developed for the purpose (virtual Campus or VC). All modules’ materials (ppts, videos, tasks, evaluations, and other resources) will be found in this Virtual Campus.
- Participants will have personal access permission to the VC.
- All modules in the program have tasks, quizes, and/or evaluations to complete.
- All participants will be required to deliver the following major tasks:
- Innovation Project to be implemented in the classroom, in the curriculum or other initiative, implement and evaluate results.
- The creation of a virtual Teaching Portfolio.
- An Article based on the above innovation to be submitted for publication in a peer-reviewed conference or journal.
- The modules of the course will be taught using active learning, requiring the active participation of the attendees.
- The Program can be offered in English or Spanish.
- The materials (presentations, documents, videos, etc.) used and prepared for the course may be in English or Spanish language. These materials will be distributed among the participants, but InnovaHiEd will maintain the intellectual property of their authors.
Program Coordinators and Instructors
Lueny Morell, MS, PE, Eng. Paed. IGIP, founder, CEO of Lueny Morell & Associates and Director of InnovaHiEd Institute, Vice-Dean SGE Beihang University, China and President of the IGIP USA Chapter
Uriel Cukierman, MS, PE, Eng. Paed. IGIP H.C., associate director of InnovaHiEd and Director of CIIE-UTN
Other instructors of the program:
- Eduardo Vendrell-Vidal, PhD, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
- Rosa Buxeda, PhD, University of Puerto Rico – Mayagüez
- Wilson Rivera, PhD, University of Puerto Rico – Mayagüez
- Harold Sjursen, PhD, New York University Lorenzo Saliceti-Piazza, University of Puerto Rico – Mayagüez
- Lorenzo Saliceti-Piazza, PhD, University of Puerto Rico – Mayagüez
- Laureano Correa, MS, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina
- Annie Román, PhD, University of Puerto Rico – Aguadilla
- María Fernanda Guzmán, MS, Universidad Nacional de Tucumán, Argentina
- Juan María Palmieri, MS, Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Argentina
The cost of the program will depend on the costs of the venue plus instructors ‘ costs, materials, CV maintenance and other operating costs.
Those who satisfactorily approve all the Program requirements and wish to obtain the official certification issued by IGIP, must pay the certification cost in EUR which will be transferred directly to IGIP for the issuance of the final certificate.
Next Program Offerings
Universidad de la Frontera, Chile (TBC)
Universidad de Guadalajara, México (TBC)
For more information
Send email to email@example.com
Or complete the contact form